Thursday, October 13, 2011

Midterm Self Crit

My characters. 
In the beginning of this class, I will openly admit that AfterEffects scared the crap out of me. It's a big program, and all the little minutia behind the scenes were arguably more complicated then basically anything that I'd dealt with.

But I can safely say that as the semester has trucked along, I've become more and more accustomed to working in the program. Where the puppet tool was kicking my ass a few weeks ago, I now fully understand how and why it works. I won't say that I love the program, but I do know what I'm doing now.

I feel pretty comfortable in saying that that my midterm grade should dangle between a C and a B. I have missed 2 classes, and 2 assignments, but I think my work, as well as my input in critique, has been pretty on par. I don't think that I've done amazingly, hell no, but I also don't think that I have done terribly.

My midterm project is coming along well. While I'm still creating assets, my piece is more about the assets than anything- the animation, for the most part, is simple. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it comes out, and am going to really push really hard over the break to get the piece finished. 

As far as internship things go, I'm one cover letter writing session away from sending in my application to Running Pony Studios. I feel very good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment