Thursday, October 13, 2011

MCA Traveling Fellowship Response

The MCA traveling fellowship is an amazing opportunity, I have to give it that. The fact that I could basically get $3000 to go wherever in the world I want is kinda amazing, but it's how I would use that money that really gets my head going.

The place that I want to go more than any other? Italy, specifically Venice. Sure, the city has been romanticized in America like crazy, but it's still an absolutely gorgeous place, and I would spend the majority of the trip in Venice, exploring the country side around me. I don't speak any Italian, but I think that that would be one of the better parts of the experience- I'd be a true outsider for the first time in my life, and I would immerse myself into the language and culture in order to survive.

My end goal is really a simple one- to experience this world beyond my own. while abroad I would sketch daily, keep a journal, and take many many pictures, all of which would cumulate into a project integrating everything I'd take away from the experience. I'd be so stoked if I got to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment