Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Midterm Final Self Critique (final final)

It's done. This project, more than anything, was a learning experience. So many things went wrong, and now I know what to do in regards to planning a project in aftereffects. That being said, I'm still proud of this piece, though it is shoddy. I admit, my time management really did me in early on in the project, and I struggled to catch-up and never was able to. I know now what I have to do. 

It's really unfortunate I wasn't able to finish everything I wanted to with the piece. However, I am glad I was able to finish, at the very least.


I have a problem of biting off more than I can chew with these projects- I decide to do something highly complicated (5 fully puppetted characters was way to much, and highly unnecessary). In my rush to finish, I wasn't able to act on the critique I got last class, and thus, even though my project is "done," it's still incredibly rough. Still, it was a exercise just getting the thing totally finished.

Will I revisit this project? Probably. It still feels unresolved to me, and I don't want it to not have the super awesome piece that it CAN be. I just need to do a lot of troubleshooting and management, and I think I can pull it off. I'm disappointed that I didn't pull it off for class, but I feel like there is still hope. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment