Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The 3 big studios I'd love to intern at.

Video game wise:

Doublefine Studios. Doublefine is a relatively small game company that is known primarily for their sense of humor and their recent success in the downloadable console space. The biggest reason that I'd love to work there is that they seem to encourage creativity in their staff, and the staff looks like a tight-knit group. Plus, working on games that make people smile is one of my serious goals.

EA Games. The biggest reason I'd love to work at EA is that it's one of the largest, most successful game publishers right now, and if I can get my foot in the door there and get the experience from the internship, my resume would look all the better from it. Also, some of the best games I've played recently (Dead Space, Dragon Age, etc) are published by EA and made by their subsidiaries. The main reason these games were so awesome is that they were able to make the player feel something- they weren't just games, they were experiences. And more than anything, I want to be part of a project the audience experiences, not just sits and plays (or watches).

Animation Studios:

Walt Disney Animation Studios. The big D. I could tell you how integral Disney was to my childhood and how they pushed me to become an animator, and all that would be true, but thats not why I'd like to intern there. I want to learn from the best in the business, and few companies have the prestige Disney has in the animation field. Not only that, the internship program sounds extremely strong and like an incredible learning opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment